NSW paceman Doug Bollinger is adamant he has not played his last Test match for Australia, declaring he is bowling near the peak of his powers after a frustrating two years on the outer.
Bollinger, who has taken 50 wickets in 12 Tests at 25.92, has not worn the Baggy Green since the second Ashes Test against England in December, 2010.
A serious hamstring injury kept the fiery left-hander sidelined for seven painful months last year, but the popular 31-year-old is back to full fitness and has vowed to fight his way back into the Test line-up sooner or later.
"I'm fit, I'm strong and I'm bowling really well, I just need a little bit of luck and that's all it is," Bollinger said when asked if he still has something to offer at international level on Tuesday.
"I feel the fittest I've been for a long, long time and I'm just really enjoying cricket at the moment."
Bollinger was arguably the pick of a NSW attack in last week's drawn Bupa Sheffield Shield match against Victoria but bowled without luck and finished wicketless despite troubling all batsmen.
"I think I'm bowling just as well as I was when I was in the Test team," he said.
"I'm confident, I'm swinging both the new and old ball, I'm running in hard and bowling fast and I'm just keeping it as simple as that.
"You've just got to keep going and tough it out, the wheel will turn hopefully and I'll just go from there and when it does I'll just try and cash in as much as I can.
"I'd love to be going down (to Adelaide) and playing for Australia, the WACA's coming up which is made for left-handers so I've just got to keep trying to bowl well and you never know."
Asked if he's had any feedback from the National Selection Panel, Bollinger replied: "With the games Michael (Clarke) played for NSW I had a couple of chats with him and he just said I'm bowling well and just keep doing what I have to do."
According to Bollinger, the pain of being dropped and the added disappointment of tearing his hamstring off the bone last season has made him even more desperate to return.
"It (being dropped) was pretty tough mate, you don't like to hear some of the things that get said but that's sport, we're here to win and these things you've got to go through in your career and you've just got to get on with it," he said.
"The injury cost me about seven months and it was a horrible seven months but that just made me a stronger person and made me want it even more.
"That's why I'm really enjoying bowling well at the moment and the wicket's will come and I've just got to really cash in when they do."